Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Post #1 Before NSO

What concerns or worries do you have?

I guess I’m most worried that I won’t have any friends. It’s kind of a unique situation for a seventeen-year-old to be starting BYU in Winter Semester and I guess I’m hoping that I’ll just be able to find ways to make friends and socialize.
What are you excited about or anxiously awaiting?

I’m excited for auditions. Err… actually let’s correct that. I’m excited for the fact that maybe I’ll actually get a part in a play by auditioning. I really don’t care whether its a Mask Club or a big production. A part’s a part!

I’m excited for my film class and my theater class. I love film and theater (I don’t know which is my greater love) and I’m really excited to have an opportunity to learn more about both subjects.

I’m also excited to be a part of BYU at last. With my dad working on campus and me being mostly home schooled, I’ve had the opportunity to come to campus once or twice a week to study since I was thirteen. I’ve watched the students for years and looked forward to the day when I’d be a student.

Which is partly the reason I’m not waiting to start college next Fall. I don’t think I can handling people asking me how school’s going and watching the confused looks on their faces as I try and explain that I’m in high school.

What questions do you have?

Why people are so much friendlier during finals than any other time of the year. It really doesn’t make much sense to me. I would think that people would be less social and less likely to talk to complete strangers at finals than at any other time of the year, but that’s not how it works. Every year during finals people I’ve never seen before just start talking to me and ask me how finals are going. Maybe this year by actually having some finals I’ll be able to understand what motivates them ;)

Seriously though, I think I just want to learn how to be a better person. I think BYU is a great place to learn how to become the best person I can become.
What are you expecting to gain by participating in NSO?

To be honest, I just want friends. I think it will be a great experience to meet other people who are starting BYU at the same time as me and who probably don’t have any friends either. Maybe if I’m lucky there will be some other seventeen year old… (yeah, right!)

See you all at NSO! :)

Crysta

No comments:

Post a Comment