Sunday, January 03, 2010

Post #2--After

Getting to Campus and becoming familiar with the area is easier than I thought it would be. I feel glad to be here. I was nervous about being around people at first, but everyone's friendly and not like people portrayed in stories and films. I'm also kind of excited to begin my new life here as a cougar of BYU. I feel if I do everything I'm supposed to do, I can accomplish anything that this new turn in life brings me..
Attending NSO was a good idea. I met some new people like Sereen and Nick and was able to get along with them. They helped with some questions I had and helped me with things I didn't know. I didn't get to be with them when we toured campus, but I did run into them again during the visit to the Education in Zion exhibit.
I think the most enjoyable part of NSO was the viewing of Tradition of Honor. It made me feel proud that I came to this university and that I was raised to live the way the Honor Code lists. I want to continue to live life like that and know that I will want to come back to Brigham Young University when the semester ends.
I think that the most important thing I learned during NSO was the fact that you shouldn't be afraid to make friends. You can't let fear stop you from reaching out to people and socializing with them. If you do, then you won't be able to enjoy your time on this planet. It's okay to feel nervous, but not getting to know those around you will only make you stay alone and without friends. I'm glad I met new people at NSO and look forward to seeing what this year will bring. I admit, I did enjoy learning that the tallest building on campus was named for the shortest prophet and that the library holds some of the governments federal papers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch BYU Cougars, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/BYU_Cougars-tickets looking forward to it.

Post a Comment