Sunday, January 03, 2010

Post #2 After

I got here- I looked around and I saw- nothing. There were only about ten people in sight, and everything looked the same. It felt nice just to finally be here and know that I don't have to wonder anymore, and that I'll be getting to know this campus and these people really well. Having checklists of things I need, and a specific time and opportunity to do it allowed me to toss out the overhanging anxiety about the little things that I needed to do- now it's just school!

My favorite part of NSO was the tour. Just making sure I know where things are, and figuring out that my classes aren't far apart helped me to get an idea of travel time and made sure that I don't worry about looking like a complete idiot the first day when I inevitably get confused on campus. Just hanging out with my group mates and asking questions was really fun because it gave me a chance to laugh and just relax about my upcoming experience.
The most important thing I learned was really that I am here for a reason. Though I'm not positive of what that reason is, the fact that I have been led here is not coincidence. I also got a sense of the type of people that are here, and where I will fit, which, to me, is an extremely important thing to know. If you don't know where you fit, you don't know who you are or what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment