Monday, January 11, 2010

Post #3--After my first week of classes

I didn't know much about Brigham Young University, but I was surprised to see that many people had chosen to come here to do their education. I had seen on BYU television that this was a big campus, but viewing it in person is just, different. I should have known better, this is a great university and many people would be coming to take care of their education.
My biggest challenge so far is working out my schedule. I've chosen to major in Geology as it is the closest thing on campus to paleontology, and I didn't have the required classes in my schedule. My original Geology class was Introduction to Geology, and the professor (who preferred that we call him Master Skinner) told me I needed to take Geology 111. I was also told to see Dr. Brooks Britt, a paleontologist on campus. He also suggested I take Chemistry 105. I had to drop some classes to make room for them, but Chemistry was filled up online, so I had to get a Permission-To-Add code to get into the class that wouldn't cause problems with the rest of my schedule.
For the rest of the semester, I plan to follow a plan in a book my Mom found in a book at the Church Bookstore called How to get Straight A's, which have ideas of how to do college level work. I've been doing good with some of the stuff, but when I work out the schedule and have it posted up in my room, I know I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment